The Medical Biller will provide support to the management of accounts receivable and function as billing liaison to intermediaries, insurance carriers, patients and guarantors. The Medical Biller will be responsible for the processing of payments, denials, refunds, secondary claims, filing and balancing monthly spreadsheets and functions as liaison between the Professional Billing Office and the Finance Departments of each operating unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support accounts receivable and liaise with insurance carriers, patients and guarantors
- Facilitate all activity in regards to electronic and paper claims submission.
- Maintain and manage the claims edits and scrubber system
- Maintain compassion with patients serviced, while following compliance and privacy guidelines.
Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent requiredThree to five years of experience in third party medical billing
- Working knowledge of medical accounts receivable software programs
- Competence in math and knowledge of GAAP accounting principles as well as CPT and ICD-9 requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated ability to use initiative and independent judgment